Sunday, January 31, 2010

If I was couture, Chanel would be my name

This afternoon, I was browsing through all the fabulous collections presented at Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture last week, and I was immediately drawn to Chanel. With a beautiful mixture of pastels and silver, Chanel's designer Karl Lagerfeld showed a collection filled with finely-tailored suits, pretty day dresses, and exquisite evening gowns. Each look was paired with shimmery tights and metallic silver shoes. Oh, and one cannot forget the dramatic hair bows decorating a heart-shaped, almost-Victorian hairstyle.

All in all, it seemed that Chanel's couture line was meant to portray everything that is timeless and elegant, except with a modern and very flashy twist. Accessorization, exaggeration, and color were key to this collection's success and appeal.

Now for a review in pictures:
(I am quite in love with this dress)
(I would absolutely wear this dress to the opera...if we had one)
(those bands look amazing, totally what draws me in--a bit Grecian even?)
(I love couture because it is exactly what everyone else does not have, totally unique)
(I think "updated, more-relaxed Victorian" with this look)
(the shoulders and metallic fabric totally make this dress)

Now for my favorite suits:

Yes, if I was couture, Chanel would be my name. My personal style and tastes identify most with the flavor of this collection. Thank you Chanel!

xoxo,
Sarah
@itsalovelylife

Note: All pictures from Style.com!

0 comments:

Post a Comment