Sunday, January 22, 2012

Write it, see it, believe it

Lately, I've taken to writing on my mirror. I used to do this some when I was younger--that or I'd stick up cards with quotes, verses, or goals. It's amazing how much words on the mirror can improve my day, as it is one of the first things I see every morning.

A couple weeks ago, I was kind of letting some things consume me. While my head knew what I should do and my friends were telling me exactly the same thing, I couldn't get myself to hold to what I knew. I guess we all secretly enjoy ignoring what we know to be true sometimes. Anyway, I thought through the best advice I'd received and decided it was going on my mirror, so it could really sink in. I didn't have a dry erase marker, but I had some cheap eyeliner that I never planned on using. Now, I'm kind of in love with writing in eyeliner.

You can write so many different types of things on your mirror. Here are a few secrets from my own mirror writing. 

* Words of affirmation
I don't know about you, but I love compliments. There are certain ones that I've never forgotten--ones that continue to encourage me daily. I recommend storing away nice things people say to you in a cute little journal. When bad days come, pull out that journal and be reminded of the lovely person that people see in you. And...write it up on that mirror and be encouraged!
     You are ridiculously beautiful, charming, fun, interesting, and smart.

* Advice received
Taking good advice to heart means actively pursuing it. Back in high school, I received some especially great advice regarding relationships that still directs my thoughts and actions. Seriously, that advice has served as my point of reference for worthwhile relationships ever since. Listen to those people who are not afraid to be honest with you (aka, don't run to those friends who tell you exactly what you want to hear).
     If it's meant to be, it will be.

* Goals
Ambitions cannot be achieved if you don't remember what you're aiming to do or where you're wanting to go. Have daily, instantly-achievable goals and longer-term, challenging goals. When coming up with goals, I always ask myself, "Where am I now? Where do I want to go? How am I going to get there?"
     Make your bed today.
     Backpack across Europe. 

* Quotes
I can't go through books without underlining hundreds of lines or folding down pages I like. Lately, so many articles have been hitting home with me, and I keep sharing them with all my closest friends.
     Pretty is a mutually enriching balanced combination of beauty and projected innocence. (source)
     Don’t get stuck in the past, and don’t try to fast-forward yourself into a future you haven’t yet earned. (source)

Happy writing!

xoxo,
Sarah

Image Source

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Sarah. I'm alllll about surrounding yourself with positivity. xo

    ReplyDelete