Monday, January 14, 2013

Inauguration Ready: Cocktail Gala


It's an exciting week here in our nation's capital! There is much anticipation and preparation happening for the fancy inaugural events that will be taking place in less than a week. Not surprisingly, I am incredibly excited about these events, not just because it's historic and only happens every four years. Like any stylish, fashion-obsessed girl, inaugural parties can only mean one thing: an opportunity to dress up and probably (and when I say "probably," I mean "absolutely") buy a new dress or two.

As I prepare my inaugural wardrobe, I decided it would be fun to have a short series and let you in on what I might be wearing as I participate in history.

First on the list, I will be attending a fabulous inaugural gala (cocktail attire) this Saturday, and while I haven't landed the perfect dress yet, I dream of something just as elegant as the dress above. Lately, I have been drawn to light-colored slip dresses with a darker lace or sequin overlay. These dresses are everywhere, so you're certain to find one that fits your style. Don't forget to finish off your look with bright red lipstick!

Get the Look: Dress by Sue Wong - $488 - Nordstrom
1) Black fur coat - $840 - Farfetch; 2) Gold silk pumps - $260 - BHLDN; 3) Teardrop earrings - $16 - Accessorize; 4) Clutch - $278 - Kate Spade; 5) Lipstick by NARS (in orange red) - $24 - Sephora

xoxo,
Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment